Support Services for Colleges and Communities
CORD offers consultative services in two phases that will enable community colleges and their industry and community partners to:
- Create a systematic and sustainable process to enhance a region’s economic/workforce development and quality of life.
- Establish successful programs specifically designed for underemployed and unemployed adults that can be replicated by the college in several career areas.
- Establish new career pathways, curricula, and support programs appropriate for adult students preparing for careers in targeted occupations.
- Enlarge the local pool of highly qualified workers developed in part through re-employment of dislocated and unemployed adults.
- Develop solutions to enhance the performance of incumbent workers.
Consultative services are delivered in two phases:
Phase 1: ACP Advancement
(4 to 6 months)
In the first phase of the program, a customized Adult Career Pathways Plan will be developed in collaboration with industry and community leaders to ensure alignment with the region’s short-term challenges and long-term opportunities in workforce and economic development. Phase 1 consists of:
- Local industry sector forum
- Community services assessment
- Industry advancement meeting
- Identification of existing and new college programs to support ACP
- Resource development and positioning planning
- Professional development for college leaders, faculty, and staff on recruitment strategies and contextual teaching
- Online toolkit of resources and customizable documents for colleges to use throughout the Advancement phase
Phase 2: ACP Implementation
Phase 2 of the process (scope and length to be determined during Phase 1) is designed to enable the college to implement ACP programs that are sustainable and mutually beneficial for the community and local industry. Options for consultative services include:
- Targeted funding campaign (in partnership with The Clements Group)
- Career ladders development
- Curriculum design and development
- Industry-specific assessment and training services
- Recruitment and assessment support
- Faculty/staff professional development, including ACP Leadership Certification
- Pathways implementation coaching
For more information about ACP consultative services, please contact Richard “Dick” Hinckley, President and CEO, CORD, at email@example.com